More Volunteer Opportunities at Austin German Shepherd Rescue
Below is a list of our current volunteer opportunities. Won't you become part of the AGSDR family and become a volunteer?
- Home Visits needed (these are where we go the home of potential adopters to assess various aspects of the home and family we’re adopting to). These are quick and easy to do, generally taking 30 minutes to an hour. We usually post giving an area/address asking for volunteers in that part of town to do the home visit. Once you find one you can do, you can reply back that you would like to go with whoever does it so that you can learn how (if you want company the first time or two).
- Reference checks and Application checks are another need. it's really not very hard. You might want to start with home visits and then add reference checks before you do applications!
- Foster Homes needed (you will have to fill out a foster application after reading about our foster program)
- Temporary Foster Homes needed (you will have to fill out a foster application after reading about our foster program here online here). If you can't foster full time, but could take a dog for a week or weekend, please apply! This is a huge need!
- Leash Holders and other volunteers for Meet & Greets – If you want to meet dogs but can’t foster, here’s your chance!
- Fundraising efforts – garage sales, info booths, etc. Help our Fundraiser Coordinator with new ideas and ways of implementing them!
- Photographer - Are you an aspiring photographer and have a few hours per month and can travel around the Austin area? If so, we would like to have someone take great pictures of our dogs for our website.
Ready to volunteer? Fill out our volunteer form!